How much does a website cost?
Commonly asked questions about the costs involved. For questions not answered below: email@example.com
How much does a website cost?
There are 3 main costs to consider when launching a new website.
1. Hosting: This is the space upon which your website resides. Without hosting you cannot have a website.
We highly recommend HostAfrica for many reasons such as…
- Based in Cape Town (local servers)
- Rated #1 ISP on Hello Peter
- Amazing customer support
Their 2022 Pricing is as follows:
- Hosting = R110/m (1 month free if you pay for 1 year upfront)
- Domain name = Free for first year. Then R89/YEAR (for a .co.za)
2. Domain name: This is your .co.za needed for people to find your website online. Pricing above – but also depends on the actual name of your domain.
3. Website design: This is a once off fee and varies in price depending on many factors.
How much does SEO cost?
For simplicity let’s imagine there are 2 levels or types of SEO
- Foundational SEO
- Advanced SEO
This is a once-off SEO activity that includes 9 steps (explained here) that we do for every single website.
Every client takes it because without this Google won’t even know your website exists.
Cost = R1500 (Once off)
The cost for more advanced SEO will vary depending on factors such as…
- What you currently have in place
- Your competition
- The plan to beat your competition in the search engines
Naturally, we first need to do an SEO audit to assess all of this and create a plan.
What's the cost of website maintenance?
Website maintenance is optional and highly recommended.
The backend plugins (which make up your site’s design and functionality) are constantly being updated by the developers of those plugins. We need to manually update those plugins on the website. An outdated plugin may cause problems. If you choose not to maintain your site then it becomes vulnerable to malware, virus attacks, design issues, etc.
- Maintenance is 1 hour per month and completed once per month.
- Backup of your website (done before any updates are performed)
- Updates of all your backend plugins, themes, etc.
- Troubleshoot any issues/conflicts that may arise from the updating
- Backup after updates are completed (so we have the latest copy of the site)
Cost = R250/m
More details: Website Maintenance Package
What other costs are involved?
Other costs to consider – separate from the costs mentioned above (Hosting, Domain, Web Design, Foundational SEO & Maintenance):
- Advanced SEO – helps your website get found higher on search engines
- Logo Design or any other custom graphics (icons, images, etc.)
- PPC like Google Ads or Facebook Ads
- Social Media Marketing
- Autoresponder setup & management (email list)
- Other marketing services to build brand exposure and get more leads and sales.
Do you offer website "packages"?
No we don’t – for a very good reason. Every single client has different needs & wants. This is only realized during the discover phase of the process. We have a series of questions to ask you before giving a quotation. Also, our process ensures we have a 100% success rate with our clients being completely satisfied with their website – because we deeply understand what they need and want.
Word of advice: I’ve had many clients come to me after a bad experience with a web designer that just ‘threw’ a price at them quickly without discussing their needs fully. This is a sign of desperation & lack of experience and often leads to results you don’t want – frustration with a waste of time & money.
Let’s do this right the first time around.
How can I get a website for free or very cheap?
The best solution would be to build it yourself. You can use this free tutorial I made on YouTube. It’s very basic but a good place to start. Just make sure to set the right expectations for yourself. Building a website with no real experience will most likely get very poor results because there’s a lot more that goes into building a successful website. If you choose to go this route then I’d suggest continuous learning and working on your website regularly over months to tweak and improve it. Good luck.
All our websites come standard with these features.
- Mobile ready
- Design congruent with your brand
- Link to your Social Media
- Premium Theme (worth R1500/year)
- Embed your Google Reviews
- WhatsApp quick connect
- Simple contact form
- One-touch contact details
- Easy & clear navigation
- Q&A section
Benefits to you
Website looks great on all devices
Website you can proudly show off
Easily find links to your social media accounts
Convey trust & credibility in spades
Multiple ways to easily contact you
Clearly display your service/products
Clearly convey why you are the best option
website Quote Forms
Complete the relevant form to start the quotation process
PLEASE NOTE: Poorly completed forms are assumed to be spam so please complete as thoroughly as possible.